Friday, July 26, 2013

Relector

At the end of last year I was introduced to Reflector as another tool to create videos for the purpose of flipping my classroom. I wirelessly connect my iPad to my MacBook and then record my lessons by screencasting in QuickTime. I used this a handful of times this past school year. This year I plan to continue its use. I would also like to try using Screencast-O-Matic. It serves the same purpose as Reflector, but I like to explore what's available and am always more than willing to share my findings!

For $12.99 a year, Reflector connects your iPad to your computer screen. I often use this when I want to model a strategy using an app on the iPad. I do tend to jump from app to app when modeling for students. This not only models the strategy, but how to efficiently access and use the device.

Below is a portion of an old lesson using Reflector. I was able to switch from a PowerPoint (presenting the relevance of the lesson) to the iPad (modeling a pre-writing strategy using  Explain Everything).



No comments:

Post a Comment