Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Classroom Pot of Plants!

I spent the first 23 years of my life in Oregon. It rains an average of 164 days a year in Portland. The majority of plants I purchased after moving to Arizona died and quickly. I was lost in terms of understanding desert friendly foliage. People would mention the names of plants and I had no visual understanding. I missed my mom's yard full of Dalias and Hydrangeas. I missed ferns and tall Evergreens. After 6 years of living here I was finally able to keep a potted plant alive! Succulents are the way to go. I do admit that I have killed a few of those by over watering. The potted plant below sat right outside of my classroom last year. This summer it made it home to our new porch and it is still green and bountiful. It looks nice by our entry and I have decided to keep it at home.


I am a serious creature of habit and I needed a new pot outside the classroom door. I love walking in each morning and checking in on the plants. The kids and I love to water it when the thought crosses our minds. Most of all I love what it represents to me; it will grow if given the right amount of love. I headed to good old Home Depot and created this new pot today.

No comments:

Post a Comment