Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Night Before Year 8

Tomorrow morning my routine changes once again. I go back to that 5:00 AM alarm where I get to make my first decision of the day; gym or no gym before I head to school. One thing I know for sure is the fact that I am EXCITED to begin my 8th year of teaching! I am not sure if it is because I get to loop to second with some of my past first graders or because I get to teach a full new batch of wide eyed and eager first graders or because I simply love teaching. In my parent letter this year I explained that this is going to be my best year yet. My journey to National Board Certification has me more determined to move my students forward in all aspects of their development. I have fresh ideas in the area of conceptual thinking, I am going to enhance my integration of technology and truly focus on building a classroom community that strives to have students become self-directed in their learning. I want to focus on promoting choice, creativity, and community in the classroom.

Below are the books that sit at the front of the room ready to be carefully viewed by 43 sweet little kiddos. The book Courage by Bernard Waber will be an excellent first day read aloud. I can't wait to share these books that help shed light on celebrating and accepting differences in learning styles, academic levels, personalities, physical attributes and thinking. I want my students to feel loved, that being nerdy is cool, and that they lead the path to their learning in my classroom. Join with me and follow my journey this year. I will try to update my blog as often as possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment