Friday, May 31, 2013

Take One Complete!

It was Thursday, May 30 around 8PM when I finally submitted my Take One portfolio entry! It felt great to have 28 hours to spare. That was the craziest learning curve I have ever been through on my own. I am so thankful for my family and friends who helped me get through the past few months. I finally figured out what my National Board Certified friends have been talking about when they explained it was the most difficult, but rewarding professional development EVER.  I have completed graduate level research and challenging coursework, been enrolled in 18 credits at one time, written several high stakes applications, taken many written exams and this takes the cake for being the most challenging. The best part is that this has without a doubt been the most powerful tool in helping me become reflective in my teaching. I feel like this forced me to put my actions and evidence of student learning under a microscope. I was always thinking about what I did, why I did it and evidence to show student growth. Most of all it mads me a better teacher for my students. Am I ready to take on 3 more portfolio entries and study for a 6 part written exam? What have I gotten myself into? Yes, yes I am ready to complete the rest of my journey. I don't find out until November if I even passed my first entry. I sure hope I did because I don't don't think I can type one more word about teaching kids to determine the central message in a story- I think I got that one down now :) I officially applied for full candidacy for the 2013-2014 cycle. Technically I have only began my journey!

And I have officially submitted! There is no turning back now.
My constant thought throughout the school day. Thanks AZ K-12 Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment